Opis
The first masonry house existed here before 1464. In the 16th century the property was extended deeper; in 1531 an outbuilding was added by the city wall.
After the 1607 fire the house was rebuilt as a single-storey building. The most important remodelling came in 1769, when Andrzej Byczkowski added two storeys and gave the house an early-classicist facade. Destroyed in 1944; reconstruction in 1952–1953 to a design by Jan Idzikowski.
The name 'Troperowska' comes from Andrzej Troper, who rebuilt the house after the 1607 fire; 'Byczkowski' from the author of the 18th-century remodelling.
Listen
Listen to this entry.
Voice: Alloy (EN)
Tip
Notice the balcony running the full width of the facade and the mansard roof.